Re: [exim] Using DA POP3 together with Exchange

Autor: Odhiambo Washington
A: Pierre Munnichs
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Using DA POP3 together with Exchange
On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 21:02, Pierre Munnichs <p.munnichs@???> wrote:

> I'm strugling with this problem for a few weeks now. Hope somebody can
> help me with this.
>
> I've got a webserver with DirectAdmin (DA). On this webserver i'm hosting
> a domain, for example mydomain.com.
>
> I've got 2 POP3 e-mail accounts on this domain:
> - email1@???
> - email2@???
>
> Then i also have an external Exchange 2010 server. The Exchange server is
> taking care for another 2 e-mail adressen on the same domain.
> - email3@???
> - email4@???
>
> Is it posible to configure exim that when an e-mail message arrives it
> checkes if that user exists, otherwise reject the message so it will go to
> the next adres in de MX records list?
>
> For example:
> mail send to: email1@??? -> deliver to POP3 box on DA webserver.
> mail send to: email3@??? -> doesn't exist on DA server,reject ->
> forward to next MX records what will be the Exchange server.
>
> In my eyes it's not that difficult, because the server has to check if the
> adres exists, if not just forward to the next server in the MX records.
> But i don't think it's that simple because i've been google-ing for hours
> about this problem.

Use manual routing for this.

At the very top of your routers list, add this:

# Exchange route
exchange_mailboxes:
driver = manualroute
transport = remote_smtp
domains = mydomain.com
local_parts = email3 : email4
route_data = IP ADDRESS OF EXCHANGE SERVER HERE
no_verify
no_more

I am assuming here that the exchange server is properly configured.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,