Re: [exim] Callouts that don't immediately work

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Jaap Winius
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Kopio: W B Hacker
Aihe: Re: [exim] Callouts that don't immediately work
Quoting W B Hacker <wbh@???>:

> End of the day, *unless* you made a subsequent set of changes that
> did soemthing overlooked, I'm still not seeing any causal factor as
> likely as that of DNS propagation *combined with* delay for remote
> MTA flushing of local cache. If any. Exim has such, but not all
> other MTA do.

It remains a mystery.

> Regardless - solved for now?

I guess. At least it's working. Actually, at one point I will be
migrating another two domains over to this same MTA, so I will have
the opportunity to test things once again.

When I do, I don't think I'll be able to make the DNS change so far in
advance, but honestly, that was never an issue: the two MTAs that I
tested with both use name servers that are slaves for the zone in
question. Among these servers, the updates propagate very quickly
indeed. My apologies if you feel I should have mentioned this earlier.

> Out of curiosity, am also sending you a direct copy to see if the
> way MY server handles callouts is compatible. Taken as a given that
> you may have different config on the server you are using yourself
> than on the one under discussion...

Actually, my own server config is almost identical.

Cheers,

Jaap