Re: [exim] Callouts that don't immediately work

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: W B Hacker
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim users, jwinius
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Callouts that don't immediately work
Jaap Winius wrote:
> Quoting W B Hacker <wbh@???>:
>
>> But you said..
>>
>>> After adding the new domain name...
>
> Sorry for the confusion. I had configured the DNS properly several weeks

*snip*

> All I did was add the 'new' domain to the mail server's configuration,
> so that it would consider itself the final destination for that domain,
> as well as make it the new 'system mail name' (to 'qualify' mail
> addresses without a domain name).

Ah - Ok . Clear now - and that would also imply a restart of the Exim
listener daemon to have effected the reload.

Also rules out stray child process, IMNSHO.

From extensive log observations , any given child process often
accomplishes its mission and exits in sub-one-second to 2 seconds,
rarely lives longer than a few minutes, so I'd rule those out.

>> Were arp tables flushed?
>
> Not necessary, since the IP addresses and DNS records (incl. the MX)
> have been stable for weeks.

For http/https 'service' on IP:80 IP:443 for that IP, yes.

For port 25 et al? Still newish information, but ACK, 'should' not have
mattere so long as no *conflicting* player had been registered.

End of the day, *unless* you made a subsequent set of changes that did
soemthing overlooked, I'm still not seeing any causal factor as likely
as that of DNS propagation *combined with* delay for remote MTA flushing
of local cache. If any. Exim has such, but not all other MTA do.

Regardless - solved for now?

Out of curiosity, am also sending you a direct copy to see if the way MY
server handles callouts is compatible. Taken as a given that you may
have different config on the server you are using yourself than on the
one under discussion...

Regards,

Bill