Re: [exim] Callouts that don't immediately work

Autor: Jaap Winius
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Callouts that don't immediately work
Quoting W B Hacker <wbh@???>:

> But you said..
>
>> After adding the new domain name...

Sorry for the confusion. I had configured the DNS properly several
weeks ago for a web server, but had not got around to adding that
domain to the Exim configuration.

> Or do you mean DNS RR had been there all along, and the only change
> was for THIS server to put it into use instead of [ some other
> server | no prior server ]?

Correct.

> Even so, did that not mean it was now appearing on an IP not
> previously used for it?

Well, ultimately, but that was weeks ago. The point is that it could
send and receive mail as soon as I configured the mail server to do
so; the only thing it didn't want to do initially was answer callouts
when that domain was part of the address.

All I did was add the 'new' domain to the mail server's configuration,
so that it would consider itself the final destination for that
domain, as well as make it the new 'system mail name' (to 'qualify'
mail addresses without a domain name).

> Were arp tables flushed?

Not necessary, since the IP addresses and DNS records (incl. the MX)
have been stable for weeks.

Cheers,

Jaap