Re: [exim] Callouts that don't immediately work

Góra strony
Autor: Jeff Lasman
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Callouts that don't immediately work
On Tuesday, March 29, 2011 08:08:30 am Jaap Winius wrote:

> This can't have anything to do with DNS, since my manual telnet
> callout test, using the same host name, worked without a hitch when
> Exim did not. Besides, the DNS did not have to be changed before or
> after Exim was modified.

Perhaps it was not, though it certainly could have been. This kind of issue
often pops up when posters don't give complete information.

For example, is the new domain name new to the 'net, or just to the email
account? If new to the 'net, how new?

And DNS takes a long time to propagate, and that has nothing to do with
distance, but rather with how recently the sending server tried to find the
new fqdn. Absent your posting of the fqdn in your original post, it's
impossible to tell, but seeing your fqdn now could give some hints.

Check your A record TTL and your SOA record TTL for an idea of how many
seconds another host on the 'net must wait after it gets an IP before it will
get another. The A record TTL is for pre-existing domains with pre-existing A
records, and the SOA record TTL is for new domains with no pre-existing A
records.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
Post Office Box 52200, Riverside, CA 92517