Re: [exim] [new to exim] exim server not sending host name a…

Autor: Jim Cheetham
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] [new to exim] exim server not sending host name and failing verification.
On 28/03/11 19:03, Sam Walters wrote:
> I am setting up a new server and the configuration seems to fail when
> attempting to send email to other exim servers. (or other servers
> doing the same verification)

If you are setting up a mail server for something like a web server that
will only ever send via a smarthost elsewhere, then you are making your
life too complicated by using a full MTA like exim.

Try nullmailer or ssmtp or something simple like that instead. Send
everything to the site's proper master MTA.

-jim