Re: [exim] authenticating from address for outgoing email?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jeff Lasman
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] authenticating from address for outgoing email?
On Saturday, March 26, 2011 01:08:49 pm Heiko Schlittermann wrote:

> It's completly up to you, to enforce a policy for using your mail
> server as relay. The first and most common enforcement is some sort
> of authentication (username/password, sending IP address, …)

Which we do; we require authenticated submission on port 587.

> I think, the default exim configuration switches into "submission mode"
> if the connection is authenticated. This mode forces (per default)
> forces the sender address being the same as the authenticated id. It
> sets the return path and it sets a Sender:-header if the From:-header
> does not match the authenticated id.

Mine doesn't. I just sent an email from a return address
emailname@??? (running on server1) to emailname@??? (running
on server2), using an outgoing authenticated connection to server3. There
were no special sender or any other headers.

Does anyone know what setting I'd need for that to happen? Is it considered a
default configuration? If so what might I have removed?

> (It's up to the authenticator to set the auth_id to something sensible,
> and it's up to the "control = submission" ACL statement how to use the
> auth_id for generating the return path, and the Sender:-header, if at
> all.)

I've never seen any of this. Can you or anyone else point me to something
like this?

Thanks.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
Post Office Box 52200, Riverside, CA 92517