Re: [exim] Can I force authentication?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Matthew Roberts
A: Exim Users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Can I force authentication?
> > The mail server requires authentication for off-campus email
> > addresses, but not for on-campus addresses. In order to make this
> > work I have added the mail server to the /etc/exim4/passwd.client
> > with login/password information.
> >
> > This worked great until a few days ago, when the off-campus mail
> > from my system stopped going through. I hadn't changed anything.
> > ... is there a way for me to force authentication even
> > if the mail server does not request it?

> See the docs in the section "Authentication by an Exim client". In
> particular, hosts_require_auth, and you may wish to take advantage of
> the fact that that setting is expanded before use.

Thanks for the help. I've tried adding the hosts_require_auth option
in the file /etc/exim4/conf.d/transport/30_exim4-config_remote_smtp_smarthost:

remote_smtp_smarthost:
  debug_print = "T: remote_smtp_smarthost for $local_part@$domain"
  driver = smtp
  hosts_require_auth = smtp.nw.uwplatt.edu
  hosts_try_auth = <; ${if exists{CONFDIR/passwd.client} \
        {\
        ${lookup{$host}nwildlsearch{CONFDIR/passwd.client}{$host_address}}\
        }\
        {} \
      }
[file continues...]

Now when I try to send a message, the SMTP exchange is shown below. Is the problem with the smarthost server? Thanks for any help!

Matt

--------- Sending mail with hosts_require_auth ---------

Connecting to smtp.nw.uwplatt.edu [137.104.128.96]:25 ... connected
SMTP<< 220 ironman.uwplatt.edu ESMTP
SMTP>> EHLO localhost.localdomain

  SMTP<< 250-ironman.uwplatt.edu
         250-8BITMIME