Re: [exim] A cry for help - are there any plusnet admins out…

Góra strony
Autor: Heiko Schlittermann
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] A cry for help - are there any plusnet admins out there ?
Hello,

Dave Restall - System Administrator,,, <dave@???> (Thu Mar 24 15:50:22 2011):
> I use exim to receive and process my emails - have done for years.
> I also use sender callouts - have done for years. Occasionally emails
> get rejected because they are sent from non-existent addresses and sender
> callouts don't like that.

We're using callouts for sender verification, but we do not tell
anybody. In similiar situations we try to explain why it's a bad idea
to have an invalid sender, not mentioning callout verification at all. I
try to explain, that, w/o a valid sender I never ever have a chance to
tell anybody about a local delivery problem that's not already popping
up at SMTP time. This way mail could get "lost" between the systems
(not mentioning the "frozen" state here).

But as mentioned in the other answers, it's a quite "religious" issue ☺

--
Heiko :: dresden : linux : SCHLITTERMANN.de
GPG Key 48D0359B : 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2 7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B