Re: [exim] state.gov users cannot send to my exim mail serve…

Inizio della pagina
Autore: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] state.gov users cannot send to my exim mail server
Kebba Foon wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-03-22 at 17:10 +0000, W B Hacker wrote:
>> Kebba Foon wrote:
>>> my MX is mail.qanet.gm or newgainde.qanet.gm

*trim* (the 'real' incoming source...)

> Its the US State Department email servers, its whats the guys from the
> embassy use to send mails to some of our clients. its all senders from
> that domain

If you do indeed have a Cisco appliances in front of your mx you'll need
to find a way to tame that - perhaps simply open a 'hole' on port 25
inbound.

JFWIW, I did not see a problem reaching either of your mx'en from a
FreeBSD box in a HKG data center.

But the US Gov is another matter.... they *might* even have to manually

*trimmed*

> the strange thing is that my mx records and set primary mail 5 and
> secondary 15 but if i check the logs on the mail on the secondary i
> still see mails servers sending mails to it which are further forwarded
> to my main mail server.

Given a few lost packets, you can count on the odd try at a secondary
now and then.

> the two reverse names pointing to the same mx has been there since i
> taking the task of maintaining the our mails server it has never been an
> issue, but right now i have remove the one that those not point to an
> A(forward) record, just to exclude any possible dns issue.

Well worth using an online DNS RR test site periodically.

HTH,

Bill