Re: [exim] Some problems

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dominic Benson
A: exim-users
Temas nuevos: [exim] state.gov users cannot send to my exim mail server
Asunto: Re: [exim] Some problems

On 21 Mar 2011, at 20:20, The Doctor wrote:

>>> I doubt C comments exists in exim for its configure file.
>>>
>>> Again here is what the above is saying:
>>>
>>> The above is commented out as virtual e-mail addresses are not
>>> being recognised properly. I am using a dbm file.
>>> How Do I get exim to realise that we have local and virtual that needs
>>> supporting ?
>>>

>> If it's a dbm, I think you should use the dbm lookup instead of lsearch.
>>
>> This does assume that the keys in the file are the domains you want to
>> accept. If they're e-mail addresses, you'll need a different lookup.
>
> The vdom3 file is not in a dbm format, but the virtemail is.

OK, I misunderstood your explanation. How is the vdom3 file formatted? This might be pertinent to the problem...

>> <snip rest of config>
>>
>> Have you got any more info about what has been going on in the interim? Are
>> the senders having to retry repeatedly? Do you have a massive mail queue
>> which can take an age to clear? Does it apply only to external e-mail?
>
> YEs when I do a exim -bp the messages are frozen and
> that is exactly what is happening.

Are the frozen messages bound for internal or external addresses? Are they addresses that should work, or that shouldn't have been accepted in the first place (e.g. bounces to nonexistent senders).
If they should have worked, can you post an example error response from your mail log? If they shouldn't be there at all, can you find where they came from (exim bounce, bad outbound, bad inbound, local source, amavis bounce)?