Re: [exim] Sending mail through a smarthost with TLS

Inizio della pagina
Autore: John Connett
To: Exim-users
CC: Mr. John Connett
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Sending mail through a smarthost with TLS
On 2011-03-15 21:11, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
> John Connett <john.connett@???> (Tue Mar 15 14:09:24 2011):
> > On 2011-03-15 10:51, Heiko Schlittermann wrote
> > >it should be the allow_localhost router option.
> >

> Sorry. Of course, it's a transport option.
>
> +---------------+---------+-------------+--------------+
> |allow_localhost|Use: smtp|Type: boolean|Default: false|

Many thanks for the confirmation. However, further investigation
shows that it is the manualroute router that is causing attempts to
send to localhost:465 to be deferred. The "remote host address is the
local host" message appears to be generated from rf_self_action() in
routers/rf_self_action.c.

Exim knows the ports on which it is listening so could identify that
using localhost:465 is not talking directly to itself.

Is an "allow_localhost" option also needed in the router?

Or am I missing a trick to working around this?