[exim] Compile errors: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgds

Top Pagina
Auteur: Ron White
Aan: exim users
Onderwerp: [exim] Compile errors: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgds
Good afternoon list members,

I am attempting to compile exim-4.74 on a Ubuntu server box (9.04 -
which I appreciate is a little 'back in the day' so to speak)

I don't want to use the premade .deb (or apt-get) as the finished item
does not suit all my needs.

I've compiled Exim a couple of times on Cent, and even Slackware and had
no problems that a few minutes with my friend 'Google' could not fix.
However, my Ubuntu build has thrown up an error I cannot get to the
bottom of. When I run make I get: "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgds"

pre and post amble...>

awk '{ print ($1+1) }' cnumber.h > cnumber.temp
rm -f cnumber.h; mv cnumber.temp cnumber.h
gcc version.c
rm -f exim
gcc -o exim
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgds
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [exim] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/exim-4.74/build-Linux-i386'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Would anyone be able to point a rookie in the right direction here?

Warm regards
Ron