[exim] WANTED: example of successful DynDNS setup

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jason Hsu
A: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] WANTED: example of successful DynDNS setup
For the life of me, I can't get my Exim mail server working. I KNOW that somebody somewhere has successfully done what I'm trying to do. I just need a step-by-step example of a successful setup.

I have never set up a mail server before.

There are so many variables that have to be set just right that I don't know where to begin, and I have no idea how to troubleshoot.

I'm using Debian Lenny and a dyndns-free.com account.

I have set Shorewall to open port 25.

I know that the packages I need are exim4 and exim4-config.

I know that the command to configure exim4 is "dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config". But I don't know what I'm supposed to enter for all of the parameters.

Could one of you PLEASE share with me every step you have to take to get your mail server working? This includes everything you have to do in your DynDNS account, your exim4 configurations, moving sent mail from your main computer to the server, moving received mail from your server to your main computer, what ports I need open (in addition to 25), and any other essential details.

--
Jason Hsu <jhsu802701@???>