[exim] Sending mail through a smarthost with TLS

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: John Connett
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [exim] Sending mail through a smarthost with TLS
I am trying to set up a smarthost connection to to Virgin Media. The
connection details (obtained from http://tinyurl.com/6hcrvzt) are:
     Outgoing: smtp.virginmedia.com --- SMTP --- 465 --- SSL/TLS
This uses TLS on connect (no STARTTLS) and I have successfully configured
and tested an stunnel connection on localhost port 465.

The following excerpts are from my exim.conf:

     send_to_smart_host:
       driver = manualroute
       domains = !+local_domains
       route_list = * localhost::465
       transport = remote_smtp

     remote_smtp:
       driver = smtp
       port = 465
       allow_localhost = true
       hosts_require_auth = localhost
       hosts_avoid_tls = localhost

Unfortunately, all non-local deliveries are being deferred with the
message:
     remote host address is the local host: <domain>

Please can someone provide an appropriate recipe for this type of
smarthost connection.