[exim] re-routing email from legacy systems

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Gregory Machin
To: exim-users
Oggetto: [exim] re-routing email from legacy systems
Hi.
I'm trying to migrate a number of mail servers to a single server. The
new architecture uses a different domain name space to the old ones
and this is proving to be a problem .. I have tried to use aliases but
that didn't seem to work.

The old name spaces used was typically
address@??? , address@??? and
the aliases file is used to direct the email in the exchange server.

/etc/exim/aliases
<snip>
# For UnixWare root mail
unixware:               lubcar@???
fujilinux:              lubcar@???
# For UnixWare password synchronisation
psync:                  psync@???,lubcar@???

# For logs from the Fujitsu Linux hosts
fujilogs:               lubcar@???
ingdba:                 lubcar@???

# For other Linux root mail (RedHat boxes)
linuxroot:              lubcar@???

# For mail from the Innovative Millennium Library system
libiii:                 lubcar@???

# For ESX root mail
esxroot:                lubcar@???

# For Solaris root mail
solroot:                lubcar@???
</snip>

Where as the new namespace is address@??? and there is no
aliases file all mail is delivered to exchange.

I have tried adding aliases unixware@???:
unixware@??? but that didn't work.

So how do I catch all these old addresses to redirect them to the new ones ?

Thanks