Re: [exim] Security

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Brian Spraker
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Security

----- Original Message ----
From: The Doctor <doctor@???>
To: Brian Spraker <spraker@???>
Sent: Mon, March 7, 2011 2:09:13 PM
Subject: Re: [exim] Security

On Mon, Mar 07, 2011 at 08:38:52AM -0800, Brian Spraker wrote:

> [...]

Right,

someone from outside the LAN is trying to send e-mail.

We control the domain from inside the lLAN
but exim is rejecting the e-mail because it is originating
from outside the LAN.

--
Member - Liberal International    This is doctor@??? Ici
doctor@???
God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist
rising!

http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.facebook.com/dyadallee
Now is the time time to declare your allegiance!

This means that you will need to setup authentication parameters in your
configuration file. Then, those that are trying to connect will have to ensure
they set the "My Server Requires Authentication" (or something like that) in
their e-mail clients. That way when they attempt to send a message, the e-mail
client will know it needs to send authentication information before the message
can be sent.

In my Exim configuration file, I have this:

  accept
    authenticated = *

Then at the bottom of the config file (in my case), you'll need to specify your
authentication techniques:

begin authenticators

plain:
    driver = plaintext
    public_name = PLAIN
    server_set_id = $2
    server_condition = <condition here>
    server_advertise_condition = true

login:
    driver = plaintext
    public_name = LOGIN
    server_prompts = "Username:: : Password::"
    server_condition = <condition here>
    server_set_id = $1
    server_advertise_condition = true

>From there, I'm not sure how you have your authentication techniques setup, but

it depends on them entering a proper username/password to authenticate.

Brian S.
BsnTech Networks
http://www.bsntech.com