Re: [exim] HELO with short mailname

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Jan Ingvoldstad
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] HELO with short mailname
On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 16:25, Narcis Garcia - GiLUG
<informatica@???> wrote:
> I send mail from an Exim4 installation, and it's rejected from some MTA
> servers with:
> "Helo command rejected: Host not found"
> because Exim announces with the short hostname instead of the specified in
> /etc/mailname (FQDN)
>
> If I run:
> dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config
> I can change the "System mail name", and it's updated on /etc/mailname , but
> it's not used by Exim on HELO announcements.
>
> How can I make Exim to use mailname instead of hostname?

In the remote_smtp transport, add a helo_data setting:

remote_smtp:
driver = smtp
helo_data = fully.qualified.domainname.example

It is also possible to perform magic tricks and lookups, but it's
probably quicker this way.

(see http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch30.html)
--
Jan