Re: [exim] Rejecting messages with no "To:" or "Cc:" field i…

Inizio della pagina
Autore: David Woodhouse
To: Jan Ingvoldstad
CC: exim users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Rejecting messages with no "To:" or "Cc:" field in the headers
On Wed, 2011-03-02 at 13:11 +0100, Jan Ingvoldstad wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 12:21, David Woodhouse <dwmw2@???>
> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2011-03-01 at 19:13 +0000, Always Learning wrote:
> >>
> >> I thought the only RFC required header was Message-ID: ?
> >
> > That's only a SHOULD.
>
> When I was young, a "SHOULD" wasn't only an "only", it was a pretty
> big deal, it was a MUST with some opportunity for leniency. :)

True. I spent a long time rejecting all messages without a Message-Id. I
eventually gave up on it, after a number of "false positives" that were
annoying my users.

Even rejecting for having no Date: header gives "false positives".
NatWest are completely incompetent and send statements with no Date
header, and fail to understand the complaint when I report it to them.

--
dwmw2