Re: [exim-dev] [exim] Exim 4.75 RC1 uploaded

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Phil Pennock
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] [exim] Exim 4.75 RC1 uploaded
On 27 Feb 2011, at 10:22, Phil Pennock wrote:
> On 2011-02-27 at 10:52 +0100, Andreas Metzler wrote:
>> Changelog is missing the sigpipe fix. Patch attached.
>
> I didn't commit that change, so it shouldn't be my name on it.
>
> Looks like this is:
> http://git.exim.org/exim.git/commit/605021fc4f501f97e5ec21db406f6ffde2f68cdd
>
> Nigel, looks like this should be in as NM/06 ?

I handled a couple of changes from him, which were staged in a github
tree and I merged in. I'm rather surprised it put me as Author (expected
it just to keep Author and have me as committer for that sort of merge.
[Offhand cannot remember now if it was a merge or a cherry-pick.]

Of course, just cloning a commit from another tree means that if the
originator hasn't added a change log entry, it has to be put in separately.

I guess we could do with a recommended workflow for this sort of thing.
I like being able to just grab stuff from another tree, but need to keep
attribution straight.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]