Re: [exim] Which interface is used at remote_smtp transport?

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Marten Lehmann
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Which interface is used at remote_smtp transport?
Hi,

> It is likely that your system has multiple equal cost default routes,
> usually caused by a minor misconfiguration in networking.
>
> Ensure "ip route show" only has a single "default" entry.

# ip route show
[...]
default via 81.28.232.1 dev eth0
default via 81.28.224.1 dev eth0

So I do have two default routes. ifconfig shows a few dozends of
interfaces,, eth0 is 81.28.224.x, eth0:0 and other aliases are 81.28.232.x.

So while exim doesn't do anything on this, the underlying OS seems to
use the first 81.28.232.x address. I assume this is because the
HTTP-call to the server in which PHP process the mail is sent targets to
a 81.28.232.x address, then der OS selects the default route with
81.28.232.x and uses the first interface matching this gateway. Thanks
for your help, I know how to change that.

Kind regards
Marten