Re: [exim-dev] Exim 4.75 RC2 uploaded

Autor: Phil Pennock
A: Heiko Schlichting
CC: exim-dev
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] Exim 4.75 RC2 uploaded
On 2011-02-22 at 18:31 +0100, Heiko Schlichting wrote:
> > I have uploaded Exim 4.75 RC2 to:
> >     ftp://ftp.exim.org/pub/exim/exim4/test/

> While building 4.75 RC2 on IRIX, we stumbled over two problems:
>
> - scripts/lookups-Makefile uses the $(command) syntax for command
> substitution, which isn't supported by the traditional Bourne shell
> implementations used by most commercial Unix systems. It would be
> more portable to use the `command` syntax instead.

Does IRIX ship with a different shell which is POSIX compliant? ksh?

What happens if you call:
make SHELL=/bin/ksh
or somesuch?

I can change the invocation, but we're already accepting that sometimes
we just need to ask for a POSIX environment instead of working with
whatever's there by default (see the Solaris bit at the top of that same
script), so it'd be nice to adjust things to work with syntax
standardised in 1992, now that it's 2011.

-Phil