Re: [exim] ACL error bypass?

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Drav Sloan
To: Marc Perkel
CC: exim users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] ACL error bypass?
Marc Perkel wrote:
> Thanks for your advice but it didn't work. The use of WARN still
> produced a Temporary Local error. in this example I deliberately
> created a bad regex that wouldn't expand. Users create them by
> accident.

And that will continue to be the case.

> 2011-02-22 08:38:49 1PrvGD-0007dm-Ae H=64.junkemailfilter.com
> [65.49.42.64] F=<techrepublicnewsletters@???>
> temporarily rejected after DATA: failed to expand ACL string "${if
> match{$message_headers}{\N*.hotmail.fr\N}}": regular expression
> error in "*.hotmail.fr": nothing to repeat at offset 0
>
> What I'm needing is a way to ignore this kind of error and have the
> ACL do nothing.

Rather, fix your scripts to sanitize the input before they even get
anywhere near your config file ACLs (the chance of PANIC case slipping
in there an taking your whole config down is rather a large DOS
loop whole).

Remember the contents of ACLs are meant to be maintained by a person
who can guarantee the sanity of them, not for them to be opened up
to arbitrary chunks of data/user input.

D.