Re: [exim] ratelimit woes

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Jan Ingvoldstad
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] ratelimit woes
On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 01:13, Todd Lyons <tlyons@???> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 8:49 AM, Jan Ingvoldstad <frettled@???> wrote:
>
>>   warn ratelimit = 0 / 1h / strict

(...)

> When you pasted the logged line that said 60.1/1h, that was created
> from the above line, right?

Yes, that is correct.

>>   deny authenticated = *
>>        ratelimit = 60 / 1d / strict / $authenticated_id

(...)

> Because it should have matched this one too.  Did you see two lines
> logged with 60.1?

Yes, ratelimiting for the daily limit works as expected.

>>  deny authenticated = *
>>       ratelimit = 50 / 1h / strict / $authenticated_id

(...)

> As to why connection #51 (in the same hour) didn't match this one, I'm
> not sure.  Can you look at the config file with a hex editor and make
> sure that there are no strange non-ascii characters in it?  I really
> doubt it, but it eliminates one possibility.

A regexp search for [ ^I] (single horizontal space or tab) reveals
that all horizontal spaces are of that kind. The rest are \n (Unix
newline). No characters in the file are beyond US-ASCII.

> I also would think you want to match the more exact rules first,
> reversing the order.

Since it is ACL-based, it made sense to have the rule I want to match
first at the top, with the more specific rule at the bottom. This is
purely aesthetical, as Exim's ACL documentation seems to claim that
the order is not significant.
--
Jan