Re: [exim] maildirsize exim vs courier

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] maildirsize exim vs courier
John W. Baxter <jwblist3@???> (Sat Feb 19 01:51:59 2011):

> On 2/2/11 3:57 PM, "Heiko Schlittermann" <hs@???> wrote:
>
> > (Unfortunely nobody defined the name of the folder used as trash bin,
> > fortunely most clients seem to use "Trash".)
>
> You will find some clients using "Deleted Items" by default. Our trashed
> mail deletion script has trouble with those. But you may well not have any
> of them, and in your case the pain would be on the user's side (having
> deleted mail counted rather than not counted).

Yes, we decided to have no exceptions (any mail, no matter what flags it
has, is counted) and no assumptions (about the name of the trash
folder(s)…)

Mailbox is Mailbox and every single message counts. Period.

You may call it "pain on the users side", I call it "no surprise" on the
users side. (Surprise about mails we deleted using some errorneus
auto-expiration script…)

--
Heiko