Re: [exim] 451 4.2.1 Mailbox busy, try again later

Inizio della pagina
Autore: W B Hacker
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] 451 4.2.1 Mailbox busy, try again later
Dave Evans wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 08:46:34AM +0100, DL wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I have a remote mailserver which is replying with the following
>>
>> 451 4.2.1 Mailbox busy, try again later
>>
>> After this step the email goes in my exim mail queue .
>> I suppose they are using a greylisting/delaying which invite to resend later , right ?
>
> Impossible to say; ask the administrator of the server that's giving
> that response.
>
>> ok , now my chief , asked me that he wants receive an email notification to the error
>> above "451 4.2.1 Mailbox busy, try again later" from our EXIM/MTA .
>> While I think is not a good idea , how to do that ?
>
> I agree, not a good idea.
>
> Use Exim's settings to adjust the automatic warnings about delayed
> messages (delay_warning, warn_message_file) - but that will apply to delays
> for /any/ reason, not specifically "451 4.2.1 Mailbox busy, try again later".
>
> If you want to do something different for that particular message, you'll
> probably have to create some sort of script to Exim read Exim's log files,
> looking for the lines containing that message, and generating notifications of
> your choosing. But apart from the matter of how to parse each of Exim's log
> lines, this lies outside the scope of Exim, I would think.

How about the above adjustments in conjuction with an 'errors_to = '

Where the destination is one of;

- The personal e-mail address of the 'Chief' who wants to see it all..

- A filtering script that does something a bit less 'maliciously obedient'.

Bill