Re: [exim] Change IP for different senders

Author: technique@dreamhosting.fr
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Change IP for different senders
Thanks Phil

One question to understand :

senders = lsearch;/path/to/data/ips_for_sender
address_data = $sender_data

From where comes $sender_data

I have this in exim.conf
lookuphost:
driver = dnslookup
domains = ! +local_domains
ignore_target_hosts = 127.0.0.0/8
condition = "${perl{check_limits}}"
transport = remote_smtp
no_more

So I just add you lines before this to have this :

   dns_override_sendip:
     driver = dnslookup
     domains = !+local_domains
     senders = lsearch;/path/to/data/ips_for_sender
     address_data = $sender_data
     transport = remote_smtp_fromip

#Then define a transport:

   remote_smtp_fromip:
     driver = smtp
     interface = $address_data

    lookuphost:
       driver = dnslookup
       domains = ! +local_domains
       ignore_target_hosts = 127.0.0.0/8
       condition = "${perl{check_limits}}"
       transport = remote_smtp
       no_more

Now

I will have only some emails with specific IP.
Others are managed by domain IP.

So, to avoid to search in /path/to/data/ips_for_sender for all senders,
I think it's better to add
specific email address and IP in exim.conf.

So, is it possible to use something like this :

email1=email1@???
email2=email2@???
email3=email3@???
ip1=1.1.1.1
ip2=2.2.2.2
ip3=3.3.3.3

And now, how to adapt your lines...

   dns_override_sendip:
     driver = dnslookup
     domains = !+local_domains
     senders = lsearch;/path/to/data/ips_for_sender
     address_data = $sender_data
     transport = remote_smtp_fromip

   remote_smtp_fromip:
     driver = smtp
     interface = $address_data

Sorry for question from a perfect beginner...

Regards

http://dreamhosting.fr, hébergeur discount.
http://dreamad.org, régie pub.
MSN :dreamhosting@???