Re: [exim] Variable for remote MX server

Author: Mike Cardwell
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Variable for remote MX server
On 14/02/2011 10:05, Christian Gregoire wrote:

> Right now, when my mail plateform is having issues to deliver messages to a
> particular remote server (blacklist, routing problem, ...), I usually route
> these messages via a smart host located in another netwok, based on the domain
> name of the recipient :
>
> smart_relay:
>   driver = manualroute
>   condition = "${if or{\
>                         {eq{$domain}{domain1}} \
>                         {eq{$domain}{domain2}} \
>                       }"
>   transport = remote_smtp
>   route_list = * MY_SMART_HOST

> I'd like the condition to be based on the remote server name or IP. Is there any
> way to retrieve this information in a router ?

In routers, $host_address contains the first of the possible list of
remote IP addresses that might be contacted. Look for it on:

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch11.html

--
Mike Cardwell https://grepular.com/ https://twitter.com/mickeyc
Professional http://cardwellit.com/ http://linkedin.com/in/mikecardwell