Re: [exim-dev] RECALCULATE maildirsizefile

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-dev
CC: Gorobets Igor
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] RECALCULATE maildirsizefile
Gorobets Igor <igoryan@???> (Thu Feb 10 16:16:44 2011):
> Hello.
> When there is RECALCULATE file maildirsize?
> Thanks.

I suppose you're talking about the file "maildirsize".

In src/transports/tf_maildir.c:

    /* Functions in support of the use of maildirsize files for handling quotas in
    maildir directories. Some of the rules are a bit baroque:

    http://www.inter7.com/courierimap/README.maildirquota.html

    We try to follow most of that, except that the directories to skip for quota
    calculations are not hard wired in, but are supplied as a regex. */

From the source (the above mentioned tf_maildir.c) I find the following reasons (in that order) for
recalculating the maildirsize:

    * if "maildirsize" does not exist
    * if the "maildirsize" is too big (>= 5120 bytes)
    * if the first line of "maildirsize" does not follow the
      rules (two data items, comma separated, numbers suffixed
      with S or C)
    * if the quota settings in the first line differ from
      the values of the quota_* options in the config file
    * if the mailbox is over quota (according to the
      numbers in "maildirsize" and additionally at least one of
      the following conditions is met:
        - there is more than one entry in "maildirsize"
        - the "maildirsize" is older than 15 minutes
    * if (according to "maildirsize") the mailbox has negative
      size or negative number of files
    * if there is a syntax error in the file

--
Heiko :: dresden : linux : SCHLITTERMANN.de
GPG Key 48D0359B : 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2 7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B