[exim] open relay aftermath

Góra strony
Autor: Matthias-Christian Ott
Dla: exim-users
Temat: [exim] open relay aftermath
Hi,

lately I turned my SMTP server into an open relay, because I commented
out the following in a hurry:

acl_check_rcpt:
  [...]
     accept verify = recipient
  #         verify = certificate
  [...]

But what I intended was the following:

acl_check_rcpt:
  [...]
  #  accept verify = recipient
  #         verify = certificate
  [...]

I found out about this when I noticed that the hard disk was full,
because the bot net was sending E-Mails faster than the destination
servers accepted them.

Luckily, nearly all of the E-mails which were left in the queue went to
yahoo.com.tw, so I found that I'm not blacklisted at popular
blackslists. I temporarily reject all SMTP traffic to the main server
(except from the relays), so that all E-Mails are forwared to the main
server from my backup relays. I Expect that the main server goes back to
normal in a few days.

Do you have any advice for what I should do additionally to ensure that
this configuration mistake has no further consequences (like being
blacklisted, rejected etc.)?

Regards,
Matthias-Christian