Re: [exim] Compile problem with exim 4.74

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Oliver Fleischmann
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Compile problem with exim 4.74
On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 11:13 AM, Oliver Fleischmann <ogf@???> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> while trying to compile exim 4.74 on an aged SuSE Linux 7.3 system I got
> some strange errors that didn't occur with 4.73. Any hints what goes
> wrong?
>
> Oliver
>

> gcc drtables.c
> gcc -c -O -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -I.
> -I/home/oliver/src/exim/pcre/   drtables.c
> drtables.c: In function `init_lookup_list':
> drtables.c:413: parse error before `extern'
> drtables.c:414: `dbmdb_lookup_module_info' undeclared (first use in this
> function)

In your Local/Makefile, make sure there is no space before any of the
settings. Several people recently had compile problems very similar
to yours, and in their case it had to do with changing:

# VAR=something
VAR=something
instead of
VAR=something

(Note the leading space in front of the middle one). Double check
your Local/Makefile to see if this applies to you as well.

Regards..          Todd

--
Regards...      Todd
I seek the truth...it is only persistence in self-delusion and