Re: [exim] Failed to expand ACL string

Top Pagina
Auteur: Phil Pennock
Aan: John Horne
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Failed to expand ACL string
On 2011-02-07 at 22:08 +0000, John Horne wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-02-07 at 21:01 +0000, John Horne wrote:
> > >
> > exim -be
> > > ${lookup dnsdb {>\n; txt=hsbc-online.co.uk}}
> > Failed: lookup of ">
> > ; txt=accountupgrade.com" gave DEFER:
> > >

> Hmm. Copy/paste is much better than trying to edit the response :-(
> Here's the whole copy/paste of an actual test:
>
> exim -be
> > ${lookup dnsdb {>\n; txt=hsbc-online.co.uk}}
> Failed: lookup of ">
> ; txt=hsbc-online.co.uk" gave DEFER:

Yeah, that's what I see too.

So really, the problem is that the logs are truncating at the newline,
as designed, so the logging of the lookup failure needs to escape the
newline to get the full message into the logs.

The >\n; isn't changing any behaviour except what makes it into the logs
because of the embedded newline; *because* of that change, you only see
enough of the message to point fingers at the >\n; as being the cause of
the failure rather than the cause of misdirection.

Bug 1083 filed against myself. It'll be a busy week for me at work, but
I'll try to get to this before 4.75.

-Phil