Re: [exim] Failed to expand ACL string

Author: Phil Pennock
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Failed to expand ACL string
On 2011-02-07 at 14:26 +0100, Marcin Mirosław wrote:
> W dniu 07.02.2011 13:08, John Horne pisze:
> > From the docs, the use of '>\n;' seems to be correct, so I am a little
> > unsure what the problem is. Anyone any ideas?
>
> Imho it should be "<".

No, it shouldn't.

I suggest looking at NewStuff for 4.72 with the mini-tutorial I wrote
there about the change:

----------------------------8< cut here >8------------------------------
 4. The 4.70 release unexpectedly changed the behaviour of dnsdb TXT lookups
    in the presence of multiple character strings within the RR. Prior to 4.70,
    only the first string would be returned.  The dnsdb lookup now, by default,
    preserves the pre-4.70 semantics, but also now takes an extended output
    separator specification.  The separator can be followed by a semicolon, to
    concatenate the individual text strings together with no join character,
    or by a comma and a second separator character, in which case the text
    strings within a TXT record are joined on that second character.
    Administrators are reminded that DNS provides no ordering guarantees
    between multiple records in an RRset.  For example:

      foo.example.  IN TXT "a" "b" "c"
      foo.example.  IN TXT "d" "e" "f"

      ${lookup dnsdb{>/ txt=foo.example}}   -> "a/d"
      ${lookup dnsdb{>/; txt=foo.example}}  -> "def/abc"
      ${lookup dnsdb{>/,+ txt=foo.example}} -> "a+b+c/d+e+f"

Regards,
-Phil