Re: [exim] Large Exim installs

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Always Learning
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Large Exim installs
On 2011-02-04 at 13:31 +0000, Always Learning wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-02-04 at 00:22 -0500, Phil Pennock wrote:
> > I've been asked about large sites using Exim.
> >
> > If you run what you consider to be a "large" install (at least a million
> > emails per day) could you please drop me a short note? With figures and
> > whether or not you're willing to be cited?
>
> UK based company Cable & Wireless operate mail servers on behalf of all
> UK police forces - certainly when delivering outgoing emails from the
> police. They use Exim. It is part of the PNN3 contract. Email addresses
> ending with .pnn.police.uk are processed by C&W.

Hrm. C&W purchased Thus, formerly Scottish Power Telecommunications
Holdings Ltd, which got the operations and brand of Demon Internet.

Until Thus was purchased, the better ISP parts were Demon. And back in
the day, Demon had the UK police contracts.

So I suspect that this is a carry-over from Demon, and so relates to
mail-systems I'm somewhat familiar with -- I used to be postmaster for
Demon NL.

How accurate is my recollection / analysis?

I'm really hoping here for "other people" using Exim, not just pointing
to stuff related to a company I used to work for. :)

Thanks,
-Phil