Re: [exim-dev] Logging address ip of outgoing mail

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Logging address ip of outgoing mail
On 2011-02-03 11:17, Marcin Mirosław wrote:
> Hello!
> I'd like to have in log addres IP used to send mail. Something like
> outgoing_interface instead incoming_interface. Is it possible to do it
> in straight way or i need to add log function to transport?

I'm not aware of a log_selector that does what you want.

What I've done to help logging in routing/transport is an
embedded-perl function Exim::log_write called as a dummy
lookup. Typically I use this in a router as:

    data =      ${if eq {}{\
              ${perl{Exim::log_write}{router_name: bad  <$local_part@$domain>}}}\
                   {}{}}

I assume you're using an smtp transport with a lookup for
    interface =
and you could do something similar there.

--
Jeremy