Re: [exim] Fwd: Fwd: Re: Mails are going to Spam

Inizio della pagina
Autore: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Fwd: Fwd: Re: Mails are going to Spam
Todd Lyons wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 5:20 AM, Peter Bowyer<peter@???> wrote:

Pratap,

Todd has nailed it in one here:

> Also make it something other than *.info, which on my system has never
> sent a valid email, all have been marked as spam.

Same here.

The specific rule I removed here to allow your messages through was a block on;

*info

While I was out for a pint (or 3) of Pedigree, two test messages came in with no
demerits at all.

NB: I don't check SPF, DK, DKIM, HELO mismatch, and don't run SpamAssassin or
other content scanner any longer.

Test accomplished, the block on '*info' is now back in place.

>> If you see now I do not have issue with Gmail and other domains now it
>> is only with Yahoo and I have to test with Hotmail since I do not have
>> account in hotmail I need to create one and test it.
>
> It's free and easy to do, I strongly encourage you to do so.
>
>> My concern is why it is failing the DKIM test for yahoo now and
>> passing the test in Gmail and other mail server.
>
> Do you know how DNS resolvers work?  Your TTL on your DKIM records are
> 86400, which is 24 hours.  The SOA for your domain is:
> powersoftindia.info.    86400    IN    SOA    ns1.powersoftindia.info.
> powersoft.powersoftindia.info. 2011012809 10800 900 604800 86400

> That negative TTL of 86400 means that you're telling other DNS servers
> to remember NXDOMAIN responses for 86400 seconds (24 hours). So if
> you sent a test message to Yahoo before you had configured that TXT
> record in your DNS servers, Yahoo tried to look it up, got a NXDOMAIN,
> and then remembered it for 24 hours.

And that is also detrimental to acceptance.

> Since yahoo is reporting that the key doesn't exist in DNS (and it
> obviously does in my dig tests), that's what I suspect is happening.

+1

NB: Short TTL *alone* do not seem to be harmful, at least on 'old'
<domain>.<tld>. (Mine are shorter, and not a problem..)

It is the combination here.
Best to give them much longer TTL, and then ... just be patient.

But that is not all. <domain>.info might make a good website.

It will never be much good for smtp, as Todd points out.

The sad fact is that so many criminals have already pissed in that .info teapot
that few dare drink from it.

Bill