Re: [exim] Mails are going to Spam

Top Pagina
Auteur: Todd Lyons
Aan: S Pratap Singh
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Mails are going to Spam
On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 5:54 AM, S Pratap Singh <kdarious@???> wrote:

> @Lena Do you know if there is any way I can install DKIM on centos5.
> ==============
> cat /etc/redhat-release
> CentOS release 5.5 (Final)
> uname -a
>
> Linux server 2.6.18-194.26.1.el5.028stab079.2 #1 SMP Fri Dec 17 19:25:15 MSK
> 2010 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
> ==============
>
> I am not sure about "Was Exim patched?" . If you could let me know what is
> that?

If you're running the default exim provided by CentOS, then if you
have done an update since Dec 30 2010, then you should be running the
patched version:

Changelog for exim-4.63-5.el5_5.2.i386.rpm :
Fri Dec 10 23:00:00 2010 Miroslav Lichvar - 4.63-3.el5_5.2
- fix buffer overflow in string_format (CVE-2010-4344, #662019)

To be honest though, that is a very old version and I think you are
better off getting a current version and installing that. Latest
released version is 4.74. Searching on Google, I found a site called
icewalkers which has 4.74 rpms available for download, but I do not
know what distro those will install on nor do I know the reputation of
that site. The prescribed method, if you are not capable of building
your own rpms, is to download the latest source, build it, uninstall
the exim rpms, install from source, configure it, and start it.

> Please also let me know where I can find the DKIM-Milter rpm on the net
> I only found this(below)  url which does not work on wget
> http://www.topdog-software.com/oss/dkim-milter/dkim-milter-2.8.2-0.$(uname-i).rpm

It won't help you.
1. DKIM is built in to Exim since version 4.70.
2. Milters use a communication API designed for sendmail (and
postfix), not exim. Exim does not implement a milter interface.
3. dkim-milter is a very old version, which is no longer being
developed. The current and heavily developed project is called
"opendkim". I mention this only if you decide in the end to use
sendmail or postfix.

--
Regards...      Todd
I seek the truth...it is only persistence in self-delusion and