[exim] maildirsize exim vs courier

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] maildirsize exim vs courier
Hello,

---

abstract: Exim counts <T> tagged (marked for deletion) files
when recalculatint the maildir quota. How to skip these files?

----

details:

with "maildir_use_size_file" Exim maintains the "maildirsize" file on
maildir delivery. If this file exceeds a size of 5120 bytes, Exim
recalculates the quota and rewrites the file.

The recalculation is done on the file sizes (or sizes encoded in the
filenames as S=…). For various reasons trashed messages should not taken
into account.

In Exim I can achieve this using the

    maildir_quota_directory_regex = ^(?:cur|new|\.(?!Trash).*)$

This way I can skip the Trash folder. But in ordinary folders I have
messages *tagged for beeing trashed* (deleted, but not expunged).
These files are counted by exim.

(Personally I feel, this is ok, since skipping the Trash folder is
just a hack to make clients happy when they use the Trash instead of
marking the message deleted. As far as I know there is not Trash folder
specified in some IMAP description…)

I'd like to have an option telling Exim if the <T> tagged messages
(marked for deletion) should be taken into account.)

Why? When Courier starts the recalculation, it skips the Trash/ and the
<T> tagged messages, thus we've some kind of instable quota usage :)

--
Heiko :: dresden : linux : SCHLITTERMANN.de
GPG Key 48D0359B : 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2 7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B