[exim-dev] Exim test suite running thru Basic/0216

Author: Phil Pennock
To: exim-dev, John Jetmore
New-Topics: Re: [exim-dev] Exim test suite running thru Basic/0216
Subject: [exim-dev] Exim test suite running thru Basic/0216
Between fixing "cf" to be 64-bit clean (before the 4.74 release) and a
bunch of figuring out which build options I should not have used, I have
the test suite getting up to test 0217 before hitting serious problems.

You need to have git HEAD Exim, to fix a missing DEBUG(D_any) on a
debug_printf (my fault). A number of the changes were dealing with the
new debugging output from security lockdown and loadable modules.

I've updated the test README noting the extra sudo requirements, since
one test invokes sudo in an environment without a tty; my problem with
test input appearing on output was because I normally build with
USE_READLINE which is a no-no; one test had mis-matches displayed as:
T="Patrik F\303\244ltstr\303\266m ABCD"
vs
T="Patrik F\344ltstr\366m ABCD"
where I spotted that the former is the UTF-8 encoding of the latter, so
the tests assume ISO-8859-1 headers. So setting HEADERS_CHARSET was a
mistake.

Several tests are showing differences with LRU list output, where the
test expects a ":" and my setup is producing a "6"; I continue past
those.

At 0217, things fail in such a way as to kill a daemon assumed to be
running in later tests? Or something. I'm too tired at this point to
debug further.

In any case, I think that with the extra notes on how to build in the
post-4.73 security regime and the other bits have gotten this to where
others might help out?

-Phil, testing on FreeBSD7/amd64