[exim] Block invalid sender domains and rewrite email-addres…

Author: Daniele Gallarato
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Block invalid sender domains and rewrite email-addresses
Hello all.

We have splitted our mail server into two mail servers, one MX for incoming
mail, and the other only sending mail.

So, now we have a problem with rewriting rule, because new only_send server
doesn't have local_domains, because it must send mails for our domains to
other mx server...

With this configuration, rewrite rule with /etc/exim4/email-addresses that
is working with mx server, doesn't work with new sending_only server.

Is there a way to rewrite in any case this, without using local_domains?

Last, we need to reject invalid sender addresses, and accept only approved
domains (our true internet domains), so if a client try to use server to
send a mail with from:test@??? address will be rejected.

I've tried to use local_sender_blacklist, inserting into it a list of our
domains with deny and other domains to test, like as follow:

!our_properly_domains.it

test.com

but it doesn't work.

Where I'm wrong?

Thanks

Daniele

You don't get something for nothing

You can't have freedom for free

You won't get wise

With the sleep still in your eyes

No matter what your dreams might be

--
Caselle da 1GB, trasmetti allegati fino a 3GB e in piu' IMAP, POP3 e SMTP
autenticato? GRATIS solo con Email.it: http://www.email.it/f

Sponsor:
Apri Conto Corrente Arancio entro il 28 febbraio 2011 e ricevi 100 euro da
spendere su Media World compra online. Aprilo adesso!
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=11254&d=20110127