[exim-dev] OpenSSL version and -bV

Author: Phil Pennock
To: exim-dev
Subject: [exim-dev] OpenSSL version and -bV
Does anyone object if I drop the TLS library information stuff from the
normal -bV/--version output and move it into the debug output and change
the output format to match everything else? And change the test suite
to match?

So, a while back I changed the { exim -bV } output to include the
OpenSSL/GnuTLS library version information, because people had ended up
with mis-matches causing segfaults and it seemed useful to include that.

Now, with Exim 4.74, the library version information for a lot more
libraries is available by asking for debugging in addition to the
version (as long as you turn on debug first in the cmdline). This
leaves the TLS implementation output as an exceptional case.

Here's the output I currently see, by way of example:
----------------------------8< cut here >8------------------------------
% exim-4.75-dev-pdp1 -d --version
[...]
Size of off_t: 8
OpenSSL compile-time version: OpenSSL 1.0.0c 2 Dec 2010
OpenSSL runtime version: OpenSSL 1.0.0c 2 Dec 2010
Library version: Cyrus SASL: Compile: 2.1.23
                             Runtime: 2.1.23 [Cyrus SASL]
Library version: PCRE: Compile: 8.10
                       Runtime: 8.10 2010-06-25
Library version: MySQL: Compile: 5.5.7-rc [FreeBSD port: mysql-client-5.5.7]
                        Runtime: 5.5.7-rc
                        Exim version 4.75-dev-pdp1
Library version: PostgreSQL: Exim version 4.75-dev-pdp1
Library version: SQLite: Compile: 3.7.4
                         Runtime: 3.7.4
                         Exim version 4.75-dev-pdp1
Library version: Whoson: Runtime: Version 2.05 Build Jan 20 2011
                         Exim version 4.75-dev-pdp1
[...]

Thanks,
-Phil