Re: [exim] Log interpretation

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: W B Hacker
Para: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Log interpretation
Richard Gilbert wrote:
> I have been asked to investigate a problem with mail delivery to a
> number of students in our Google Apps for Education domain. A user sent
> a single message to 18 students. The log entries look like the following:
>
> 2010-12-14 11:06:04 1PSSho-0003J4-D9<= sender@??? ...
> 2010-12-14 11:06:05 1PSSho-0003J4-D9 =>  recipient1@???
> R=google_router T=google_smtp H=aspmx.l.google.com [209.85.229.27]
> 2010-12-14 11:06:05 1PSSho-0003J4-D9 ->  recipient2@???
> R=google_router T=google_smtp H=aspmx.l.google.com [209.85.229.27]
>      :   :
> 2010-12-14 11:06:05 1PSSho-0003J4-D9 ->  recipient6@???
> R=google_router T=google_smtp H=aspmx.l.google.com [209.85.229.27]
> 2010-12-14 11:06:05 1PSSho-0003J4-D9 =>  recipient7@???
> R=google_router T=google_smtp H=aspmx.l.google.com [209.85.229.27]
> 2010-12-14 11:06:05 1PSSho-0003J4-D9 ->  recipient8@???
> R=google_router T=google_smtp H=aspmx.l.google.com [209.85.229.27]
> ... and so on.

> There is a single<= entry, but four => entries and 14 -> entries.
> What I don't understand is how a single message with 18 recipients can
> end up being delivered to the same destination host address in four
> separate connections. (I suppose one can't be sure which of the four
> connections the later -> entries are associated with.) Can anyone
> explain this for me.
>
> I am running version 4.70.
>
> Thank you in anticipation.
>
> Richard

You'll want to peruse and/or publish here, the router/transport set the log
cites as utilised -

R=google_router T=google_smtp

And it might help to turn up logging to +all temporarily, so as to be sure you
can 'see' if there is any greylisting, single-recipient/single per-connection
limiting or other defer action showing itself.

As it is not the 'default' remote-smtp router/transport, any anal - ysis would
be guesswork until you/we have sight of what that bespoke router/tramsport is
doing...or attempting to do..

Bill