Re: [exim] exim-4.74 in Suse 11.3

Author: Phil Pennock
To: exim-users
CC: Oliver Heesakkers, exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim] exim-4.74 in Suse 11.3
On 2011-01-26 at 15:22 -0500, Phil Pennock wrote:
> On 2011-01-26 at 21:13 +0100, Oliver Heesakkers wrote:
> > You have to remove both the # and the space before LOOKUP_PASSWD=yes
> >
> > So, "LOOKUP_PASSWD=yes" will work and " LOOKUP_PASSWD=yes" will fail.
>
> *sigh* Good catch, thanks.
>
> I'll commit a change to permit leading spaces and tabs. (Arbitrary
> whitespace requires insufficiently portable regex syntax; it would be
> nice to rely on pcregrep being available because we require PCRE, but
> I'm not convinced that's true with all packaged installs.

A patch which also works with lookups enabled on the make command-line
is available for review at:

http://git.exim.org/users/pdp/review.git/commit/44e47ad200b45cf7ff4d136ddc1a0e64e26eb1a0

raw patch URL:

http://git.exim.org/users/pdp/review.git/blobdiff_plain/7f3d9effb31409e93e603757d74c14c873c69432..44e47ad200b45cf7ff4d136ddc1a0e64e26eb1a0:/src/scripts/lookups-Makefile

This has *not* yet been committed to the main Exim tree.

There have been enough glitches with portability here that I would
*really* appreciate it if those who have experienced problems building,
whether on Solaris, SuSE, RHEL or any other platform, take a look at see
if this patch resolves them.

If your problem is related to PCRE_PRERELEASE then you need:

http://git.exim.org/exim.git/commit/aa097c4c00f62487128d74f65c521f9e877b184f

Thanks for any feedback,
- -Phil