Re: [exim] queue runner on OS X

Góra strony
Autor: Dennis Davis
Dla: Seth Dillingham
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] queue runner on OS X
On Tue, 18 Jan 2011, Seth Dillingham wrote:

> From: Seth Dillingham <seth.dillingham@???>
> To: exim-users@???
> Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 22:53:17
> Subject: Re: [exim] queue runner on OS X

> > At work we run "-bd -q5m", and in a previous config we ran it
> > with "-bd -q1m" on one set of machines which punted mail older
> > than 5 minutes to a "slow lane" server which ran "-bd -q2h".
>

> That sounds great, but I only have the one physical server to play
> with right now. (Out of curiosity, what was the method for punting
> a message to a secondary server?)

See the recent thread entitled "too long in queue - how to catch that?".
And to quote an entire message:

From: Drav Sloan <holborn-exim@???>
To: Arkadiusz Miskiewicz <arekm@???>
Cc: exim-users@???
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 12:08:53
Subject: Re: [exim] too long in queue - how to catch that?

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to reroute messages to second machine which will handle remote
> deliveries if a message is too long in first machine queue?

in your routers section, near the top of the ruleset (before the standard
smtp router)

slow_mail:
    driver = manualroute
    condition = ${if >{$message_age} {3600} {yes} {no}}
    transport = remote_smtp
    domains = *
    route_data = my.server.to.handle.this.mail.com

(change the transport line if your smtp transport is called anything
different).
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis@???               Phone: +44 1225 386101