Re: [pcre-dev] compile errors on PCRE 8.11

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
著者: Philip Hazel
To: Mahudeswaran
CC: pcre-dev
題目: Re: [pcre-dev] compile errors on PCRE 8.11
On Tue, 28 Dec 2010, Mahudeswaran wrote:

> I downloaded the PCRE8.11 from the FTP path and build it for windows 7
> environment using CMake setup.
>
> After I configured the source and build destination path in CMAKE GUI
> window, in Configure option and selected compile type to 'Visual Studio
> 8 2005'. And clicked on generate button to process
>
> PCRE.sln was created.
>
> I opened the PCRE.sln on VS2005 IDE and built the solution.
>
> It shows the below compile errors:
>
> Error      2              error C2371: 'pcregrep_exit' : redefinition;
> different basic types              c:\pcre\pcre-8.11\pcregrep.c     579

I am not entirely sure what this error refers to, but looking at the
source of pcregrep I see that, on a Windows system only, there is a
reference to pcregrep_exit() before it is defined. This does not occur
for non-Windows systems. I *think* this must be the problem. I have
committed a patch that moves the definition to before the reference, and
this will be in release 8.12 that I hope to put out within the next few
days.

If you want to try it yourself, cut out lines 567-589 in pcregrep.c, and
re-insert them before line 298. If you can confirm that this fixes the
problem, that would be useful to know. Thanks.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel