Re: [exim] Probably simple ...

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Probably simple ...
On 2011-01-01 22:37, Steve Wilson wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'm currently in the process of migrating away from qmail over to exim,
> I'm almost there but I can't figure out how to set this up in the
> config. I have the virtual users maildir location, however If there's a
> .mailfilter file I want to use maildrop for delivery, if there isn't I
> want to deliver straight to their mailbox.

You'll want a "pipe" transport to deliver via maildrop -
    http://exim.org/exim-html-4.72/doc/html/spec_html/ch29.html

... chosen by a router conditioned on the existence of the user's
.mailfilter file.   See "condition" in
    http://exim.org/exim-html-4.72/doc/html/spec_html/ch15.html
and "${if "   and  "exists {<filename>}" in
    http://exim.org/exim-html-4.72/doc/html/spec_html/ch11.htm

Probably an "accept" router, with the condition, will suffice.

If that router does not fire, control passes to the next router in
the routers part of the config. This would be your standard
deliver-to-maildir, using an "appendfile" transport. Again an
accept router may suffice, so long as you're gotten rid of all
non-locally-deliverable addresses by now.

As usual, there's many ways to skin this cat.
Cheers,
     Jeremy