[exim] Anybody else getting temporarily rejected RCPT from g…

Author: mark david mcCreary
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Anybody else getting temporarily rejected RCPT from gmail.com ?
Hmmmm... nothing has changed here in a while, and I'm now getting

2010-12-31 22:08:55 H=mail-ww0-f48.google.com [74.125.82.48]:42929 F=<edsphotos@???> temporarily rejected RCPT <aachat-control@???>
2010-12-31 22:08:55 H=mail-ww0-f48.google.com [74.125.82.48]:42929 incomplete transaction (QUIT) from <edsphotos@???>

Which does not tell me much. I'm thinking it's DNS related, and it's interesting that it's none of my custom ACL messages.

On Gmail's end, they are saying

Technical details of temporary failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 451 451 Temporary local problem - please try later (state 14).

Reverse DNS looks ok for Google.

74.125.82.48 resolves to "mail-ww0-f48.google.com"

Almost, if not all of my ACL defers have a custom message written to my log.

So I think this must be some low level Exim error.

Can anybody shed some light on how to track this down ?

Thanks

mark

p.s. Also getting this on some Google Apps domains.