Re: [exim] delivery not succesfull

Author: Johann Spies
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] delivery not succesfull
On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 05:53:51PM +0200, Alexander Curvers wrote:

> im a exim newbie, screwed up my exim reinstalled it same problem persists:
> configuration file is /etc/exim4/exim4.conf

I have never seen this on a Debian system. I am using the I use the divided
config placed in /etc/exim4/conf.d.

The only files in my /etc/exim4 is :
conf.d exim4.conf.template exim-ldap-client-v4.conf
exim-ldap-server-v4.conf passwd.client update-exim4.conf.conf

> =============================
> im on debian my config file:
>
> dc_eximconfig_configtype='internet'

> dc_other_hostnames='vps123.directvps.nl
> ;vps123;localhost;91.214.45.106;194.145.200.153;mailserver.son.nl'

Maybe the debian-exim mailing list would be a better place to ask about this
Debian-specific file. Can you explain why you put these hosts together
there?

> is that normal (on debian)????
> in any case i use the command update-exim4.conf to update the config (but
> where is the final config)

If you use update-exim4.conf the config file is
/var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated.

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies                            Telefoon: 021-808 4699
Databestuurder /  Data manager

Sentrum vir Navorsing oor Evaluasie, Wetenskap en Tegnologie
Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology
Universiteit Stellenbosch.

     "And there were in the same country shepherds abiding
      in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
      And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the
      glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were
      sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not:
      for behold I bring you good tidings of great joy, which
      shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day
      in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the
      Lord."        Luke 2:8-11