[exim-dev] Double-check please

Author: Phil Pennock
To: exim-dev
Subject: [exim-dev] Double-check please
Please audit http://git.exim.org/users/pdp/exim.git before I push those
changes to the master repo. I do not expect to make any more changes
tonight.

David, if you +1 the changes, I'll push to master. If you don't want to
wait, just pull them in. I can believe that git will let you do that,
even if the master is bare, but I don't currently know how.

-Phil, mini-rant follows:

Okay, I've had a hell of a time fighting git, after a rebase (my first)
went wrong and I ended up apparently working in "detached HEAD state",
behind HEAD. I recreated work, did more (more fiddly) work, discovered
why pushes to pdp-tahini were recovering the old work, switched to
master, then was only able to recover my work because another terminal
window had { git log } in it so I could go back to that most recent
commit. { git reset --hard } was my friend, but appears to be the sort
of friend you meet in a dark alley and are always "cautious" about.