Re: [exim] Stopping Bounces being generated...

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: W B Hacker
Para: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Stopping Bounces being generated...
Chris Russell wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
>> You could do an smtp call forward for rcpt verification in your rcpt acl, and at least reject (if the customer
>
> Already there, but its still bouncing some from RCPT time as well as data
>
> acl_smtp_rcpt = acl_check_rcpt
>
> acl_check_rcpt:
>
>    deny    message   = REJECTED - Recipient Verify Failed - User Not Found
>           domains   = +relay_to_domains
>          !verify   = recipient/callout=2m,defer_ok,use_sender

> Cheers
>
> Chris

That should generate an 'in-session' rejection, no post-session 'bounce' involved.

That said, the culprit *could be* the 'callout=2m, defer_ok'

A rather longish time to expect to have to wait for even a 'worst case' response
IMHO.

In any case, AFAIK, an Exim child process will not close an active smtp-session
while timeouts/deferrals are still pending. OTHER end might do...

Unless I am wrong about that, this should not be happening.

IOW: rejection=SOMETIMES, (post-session) bounce=NEVER

Bill